Guide to Student Enrollment
Early Childhood Preschool Program Requirements
If a child qualifies, the following items will be needed:
1. Proof of age – A copy of your child’s birth certificate
2. Current Kentucky immunization certificate is due within (2) two weeks of your child’s first day of enrollment.
3. Physical Exam form (well-child visit) dated within 1 year prior to your child’s first day of enrollment and meeting the requirements of the Preventive Health Care Exam Form.4. Vision Exam by an optometrist or ophthalmologist no later than January 1 of the current school year Social Security numbers are not collected at this age (Optional) but are required before entering high school for Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES) funding.
1. Proof of age – Upon enrollment for the first time in any elementary or secondary school, a student or student’s parent shall provide a copy of the student’s birth certificate.
2. A current Kentucky immunization certification form shall be on file within (2) two weeks of a student’s enrollment in school.
3. The preventive health care exam dated within 1 year prior to initial admission to school and shall be reported on the Preventive Student Health Care Form, KDESHS002, or an electronic medical record that includes all of the data equivalent to that on the Preventive Student Health Care Form.
4. Social Security Number is required before entering high school for KEES funding.
5. KRS 156.160 states all children entering at 3, 4, 5, or 6 years of age public preschool and Head Start or public school for the first time to have an eye examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist no later than January 1 of the school year.
6. Must be 5 years of age on or before October 1 of the given school year.
7. KRS 156.160(i) requires a Dental Exam/Screening when a student enters kindergarten. The Dental Exam/Screening must be between January 1st and December 31st of the year the student enrolls in kindergarten.
Sixth Grade Enrollment Requirements:
1. Must have a second preventive health care exam within one year prior to entering 6th grade (first exam was given upon initial admission to Kentucky schools) or within 30 days of enrollment.
2. A Kentucky Immunization Certificate is required within two weeks of enrollment showing all age appropriate vaccines. This includes Tetanus/diphtheria/acellular pertussis (Tdap), meningococcal vaccine, the 2nd dose of varicella vaccine or physician proof of past varicella disease.