GCMS Family Resource and Youth Service Center
The Leitchfield Family Resource and Youth Service Center may be reached by calling the Grayson County Middle School at (270) 259-4175. Our normal operating hours are Monday thru Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Family Resource and Youth Services Centers (FRYSC) were established by the Kentucky Legislature as a part of the Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA) in 1990. The primary goal of FRYSCs is to assist academically at-risk students to succeed in school by helping to minimize or eliminate non-cognitive barriers to learning. The Family Resource & Youth Service Center at GCMS is open to all GCMS students and their families.
Some of the Services of the Youth Services Center:
• Inform students, parents, and staff about services and activities offered through the FRYSC
• BackPack Food Program
• Assist students in obtaining basic needs, personal hygiene and school supplies
• Promote healthy lifestyle choices
• Referrals to health services
• Big Smiles Dental Program
• Holiday Assistance
• Mental health counseling and referrals
• Foster a safe school environment
• Increase exposure to career development opportunities
If you are interested in becoming a "Backpack Buddy" you can donate to the BackPack Food Program - for more information please contact the Grayson County Alliance at (270) 259-4000.