H. W. Wilkey Elementary School Family Resource Center
The Leitchfield Family Resource Center may be reached by calling the H. W. Wilkey office at (270) 259-4058 or through our direct line (270) 259-9681. Our normal operating hours are Monday thru Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Family Resource and Youth Services Centers (FRYSC) were established by the Kentucky Legislature as a part of the Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA) in 1990. The primary goal of FRYSCs is to assist academically at-risk students to succeed in school by helping to minimize or eliminate non-cognitive barriers to learning. The Family Resource Center at H. W. Wilkey Elementary is open to all Wilkey students and their families.
Some of the Services of the Family Resource Center:
• Inform students, parents, and staff about services and activities offered through the FRYSC
• BackPack Food Program
• Assist students in obtaining basic needs, personal hygiene and school supplies
• Promote healthy lifestyle choices
• Referrals to health services
• Big Smiles Dental Program
• Holiday Assistance
• Mental health counseling and referrals
• Foster a safe school environment
• Increase exposure to career development opportunities
If you are interested in becoming a "Backpack Buddy" you can donate to the BackPack Food Program - for more information please contact the Grayson County Alliance at (270) 259-4000.