Kindergarten Early Entrance
The first year for primary school for Grayson County Schools begins with students who turn 5 years old on or before August 1. In accordance with KRS 158.031(6), GCS has established criteria for early entrance to Kindergarten. Students who turn five years old between August 2 and October 1 will be eligible to enroll provided that the student meets criteria established by the Board of Education.
Criteria for Early Entrance
1. Child must be a resident of Grayson County, Kentucky; and
2. Child must turn five between August 2nd and October 1st of the admission year; and
3. Score at or above the 95th percentile on the DIAL 4; and
4. Score at or above the 95th percentile on the Brigance Kindergarten Screen assessment
The Early Admissions Committee will make a decision based on the information collected above for early entrance. This decision will be sent you in writing or by phone by late July.
If you are interested for admission for the upcoming school year, please complete and return the following items by May 31 to the Elementary Supervisor of Instruction, Grayson County Board of Education, 790 Shaw Station Rd, Po Box 4009 Leitchfield, KY 42755.
Petition for Early Enrollment to Kindergarten
1. Application Packet
2. BRIGANCE Self-Help and Social-Emotional Scale completed by parent/guardian
3. BRIGANCE Self-Help and Social-Emotional Scale completed by childcare provider or pre-K teacher
Upon receipt of all required paperwork, you will be notified of the date for screening.
If you have questions about the process, please contact the Elementary Supervisor of Instruction, at 270-259-4011.