GCMS COMMUNITY MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
SHIFTING STUDENTS…SHIFTING SOCIETY
The Community Mentorship Program is designed to foster and develop personal/social/emotional skills in our students that will benefit them in all facets of their lives and provide the opportunity for students to explore various career fields of interest. Students will have the opportunity to job shadow at a variety of community businesses with top-notch career professionals. The entire premise of the Community Mentorship Program is to provide a platform by which students can establish quality relationships with their mentor and learn appropriate soft skills that will prove advantageous in their personal and future professional lives.
INTERESTED IN BEING A MENTOR? YOU MUST…
- Possess a heart and passion for serving and mentoring youth.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be willing/able to dedicate one hour after school every other week to meet with a student mentee September through April.
- Conduct and successfully pass a federal and state background check through the Grayson County Board of Education.
- Attend a formal mentor training at GCMS.
ARE YOU A STUDENT INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING?
- Program is open and available to all GCMS 8th grade students.
- Students will register during the first two weeks of school to participate.
- Must be able to meet after school at least one hour every other week September‑April.
Because every child needs a mentor…and it takes a village.
Let’s build our kids together.
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tina Poindexter, Community Mentorship Program Coordinator
Grayson County Middle School
726 John Hill Taylor Drive
Leitchfield, KY 42754
Phone: (270) 259‑4175
Fax: (270) 259‑5875