GCMS musicians were featured prominently in the All-District Orchestra, held at Western Kentucky University. 20 students rehearsed and performed with top orchestra students...
It's official! The 2020-21 school year calendar has been approved. Thanks to everyone who participated in the surveys to help select this final version.
Grayson County Youth Volleyball is back for girls in 3rd through 6th grades to learn the game basics needed to play at the middle and high school levels. Signups will be...
The first-ever All-State Middle School Band will feature GCMS 8th grader Donovan Jaggers. The trombonist will play 4th chair at the Hardin County Performing Arts Center...
Going national! A statewide presentation on Transition Day success has earned Tracie Johnston a session as one of only 25 presenters at the Council for Exceptional Children...
Grayson County middle and high school students recently participated in the KY American Choral Directors Association (KYACDA) Jr. High All State Chorus, which includes...
Winter weather will soon be upon us. We always hope for a mild one, but know that Mother Nature often has other plans. Grayson County Schools take the decision to close or...
One survey, three options. Based on previous feedback, the Calendar Committee has three calendars to choose from for the 20-21 school year recommendation. Please make your...
It’s time to to start planning for the 2020-21 School Year and we’d love to hear from you! Please give us your input into the upcoming School Calendar by taking the very...
The Kentucky Department of Education has released the 2018-19 Assessment and Accountability results, with a new look and emphasis on proficiency, growth and transition...
Grayson County is one of twelve Kentucky school districts that have been labeled "bright spots" in a new report released by The Center for Business and Economic Research...
They’ve earned their Grand Champs stripes, made a first-time appearance in the prestigious Bands of America event, and now you can see them live at the annual Band Home...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed