Winter weather will soon be upon us. We always hope for a mild one, but know that Mother Nature often has other plans. Grayson County Schools take the decision to close or...
It’s time to to start planning for the 2020-21 School Year and we’d love to hear from you! Please give us your input into the upcoming School Calendar by taking the very...
The Kentucky Department of Education has released the 2018-19 Assessment and Accountability results, with a new look and emphasis on proficiency, growth and transition...
Grayson County is one of twelve Kentucky school districts that have been labeled "bright spots" in a new report released by The Center for Business and Economic Research...
They’ve earned their Grand Champs stripes, made a first-time appearance in the prestigious Bands of America event, and now you can see them live at the annual Band Home...
GCHS is hosting a 2-day Fastpitch Softball camp for young ladies ages 7-14 on October 7th and October 8th from 9 am - 3 pm at the GCHS Softball Field and Training...
We are the champions . . . again!! Yes, Team GCS made it a repeat in the 2nd annual Corporate Cup against some fierce (but very friendly) competition from Plastikon, ECTC...
Ready for a change? Re-entering the workforce? Veteran? Have you thought about a teaching career, but don't see how to pursue that passion without an education...
Jr. Pro Basketball, open to all students in grades 1 – 8, will hold sign-ups on Sundays in September – the 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th, from 1 – 3 pm at the GCMS cafeteria....
Click here for the GCMS Student Handbook 2019.
The success of GCMS 8th Grade Transition Day has put the school and Curriculum Coordinator Tracie Johnston in the state spotlight. Johnston has been invited to speak at the...
Congratulations to GCMS Beta Club members Hollie Hagan and Jake Pohlman! Both competed at Beta Nationals in Oklahoma City where Hollie placed 12th in the nation in the...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Grayson County Schools are running on regular time today.
GCMS Boys and Girls basketball games are cancelled for tonight.
Another beautiful job by the GCMS Choir this morning as they performed for our Veteran's Day program. Have a listen! #digdeepergcm ...