It's official! The 2020-21 school year calendar has been approved. Thanks to everyone who participated in the surveys to help select this final version.
Grayson County Youth Volleyball is back for girls in 3rd through 6th grades to learn the game basics needed to play at the middle and high school levels. Signups will be...
Participating in a spelling bee can be a nerve-inducing event. But imagine not being able to hear the words you were asked to spell. Wilkey 4th grader Raelynn Sweeris...
One survey, three options. Based on previous feedback, the Calendar Committee has three calendars to choose from for the 20-21 school year recommendation. Please make your...
Winter weather will soon be upon us. We always hope for a mild one, but know that Mother Nature often has other plans. Grayson County Schools take the decision to close or...
It’s time to to start planning for the 2020-21 School Year and we’d love to hear from you! Please give us your input into the upcoming School Calendar by taking the very...
The Kentucky Department of Education has released the 2018-19 Assessment and Accountability results, with a new look and emphasis on proficiency, growth and transition...
Congratulations to Wilkey Bulldogs, Elizabeth Mattingly and Amanda Brown!! Elizabeth and Amanda were selected by the Kentucky Reading Association to present at the annual...
Grayson County is one of twelve Kentucky school districts that have been labeled "bright spots" in a new report released by The Center for Business and Economic Research...
They’ve earned their Grand Champs stripes, made a first-time appearance in the prestigious Bands of America event, and now you can see them live at the annual Band Home...
GCHS is hosting a 2-day Fastpitch Softball camp for young ladies ages 7-14 on October 7th and October 8th from 9 am - 3 pm at the GCHS Softball Field and Training...
We are the champions . . . again!! Yes, Team GCS made it a repeat in the 2nd annual Corporate Cup against some fierce (but very friendly) competition from Plastikon, ECTC...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Always a Bulldog Family