UPDATED: Incoming preschool and kindergarten parents: please complete our PRE-registration form to begin this year’s new online registration through Infinite Campus. The...
On June 11, and pursuant to Executive Order 2021-386 (EO 2021-386), the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) rescinded its flagship COVID-19 Healthy at Schools guidance....
Get started or hone your skills at the 2021 Cougar Tennis Camps, with on-site registration. Three weeks to choose from, daily and private lessons are also available. See...
COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer) for children 12 and older may be available through the Grayson County Health Dept as early as the week of May 12. The Health Dept is seeking...
Grayson County Schools has named Adam Cox as the district’s new Assistant Superintendent. A veteran educator of twelve and a half years, Cox began his career as a...
Grayson County Schools and the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) are seeking parent feedback regarding how our schools are involving parents in the special education...
Family Resource & Youth Service Centers across Kentucky are celebrating 30 years of service. Hats off to our own tremendous FRYSC directors and staff for the commitment,...
Internet access is more important than ever – for school, for home and for work – in our community and across Kentucky. The KY Broadband Initiative is working to find...
The 2021-22 School Year calendar has been approved. Thanks to everyone who took the surveys. You can find a link to it at: https://bit.ly/GCS21-22
P-EBT cards have been mailed by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) to all GCS students enrolled in August and September of the current school year. Each card...
One survey, three options. Based on previous feedback, the Calendar Committee has three calendars to choose from for the 2021-22 school year recommendation. Make your...
With respect and gratitude to our veterans, today and always – thank you! We're proud to welcome back one of our own on this Veterans Day 2020. GCHS Class of 1980 alum...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Clarkson Elementary - Where the Adventure Begins