What is 2-1-1? It’s your free, 24/7 one-stop connection to community resources including basic needs services, mental and physical health resources, counseling, employment...
Facing some fierce competition, the Clarkson Elementary Redhawks emerged victorious in District Governor’s Cup, placing first overall. The Quick Recall team of Elizabeth...
T-ball, baseball and softball season will soon be here and it's time to sign up! Leitchfield will hold open registrations at The Centre on Main on Saturday Feb 15 from 10...
Congratulations to all our Spelling Bee winners districtwide! Middle School included: 1st Place, Landon Shiarella; 2nd, Kadie Monin, 3rd Place, Chris Vincent. Landon will...
Will you child be 3, 4, or 5 by August 1? Then mark your calendars for our Preschool and Kindergarten Registration Kickoff, March 23. from 9:30 am - 1:30 pm at the Board of...
The FRYSC Public Policy Survey provides insights into the impact of FRCs on their local communities. Please take the very short, four-question survey to share your...
It's official! The 2020-21 school year calendar has been approved. Thanks to everyone who participated in the surveys to help select this final version.
Grayson County Youth Volleyball is back for girls in 3rd through 6th grades to learn the game basics needed to play at the middle and high school levels. Signups will be...
The Clarkson Family Resource Center and Clarkson Elementary School students have been working hard to help others give thanks this season. Together they have collected...
Winter weather will soon be upon us. We always hope for a mild one, but know that Mother Nature often has other plans. Grayson County Schools take the decision to close or...
The Kentucky Department of Education has released the 2018-19 Assessment and Accountability results, with a new look and emphasis on proficiency, growth and transition...
One survey, three options. Based on previous feedback, the Calendar Committee has three calendars to choose from for the 20-21 school year recommendation. Please make your...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Clarkson Elementary - Where the Adventure Begins