Beginning Monday, Mar. 30, all mobile meal bus routes and delivery will continue with no changes. We will discontinue on-site school pick up as we focus on providing the...
GCS will provide meal services and pick up routes for ages 18 and younger starting Monday, March 16. Check out routes, locations and times for the option that works best...
We recognize that there is an increasing concern among our families and the community regarding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). We have been closely following and...
Summer learning camps and lots of fun are in store for students from 1st through 10th grades. Plus, thanks to the generosity of the Cann, Mahurin, and Minton families,...
GCHS DECA is headed to Nationals after a strong finish at the group’s State Conference. 19 of 21 students qualified to compete at the International Career Development...
Grayson County School Food Service is seeking Substitute Cooks for the 19-20 school year. Substitute Cooks earn $10 per hour and may work up to 19.5 hours per week as...
What is 2-1-1? It’s your free, 24/7 one-stop connection to community resources including basic needs services, mental and physical health resources, counseling, employment...
Grayson County High School’s 23 DECA regional competitors have all qualified for State next month. These included 1st Place finishers Colton Glenn, Business Services;...
Connecting through competition. Congratulations to these FCCLA members who represented GCHS at Regionals this weekend, coming away with either a 1st or 2nd place finish in...
The FRYSC Public Policy Survey provides insights into the impact of FRCs on their local communities. Please take the very short, four-question survey to share your...
It's official! The 2020-21 school year calendar has been approved. Thanks to everyone who participated in the surveys to help select this final version.
This week's Job Shadow Spotlight features Matteson Milam, a Senior at GCHS, who is learning all about Grayson County tourism and local community events through her time...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
162 Industry Certifications Passed in 2019
Nine Career Pathways, 44 Industry Partners
Coops, Internships and Work-Based Learning
Gov. Beshear today recommended that all Kentucky schools extend closure through May 1. A transcript of Supt. Robinson's call to ...
Gov. Beshear today recommended that all KY school districts extend closure through May 1. Spring Break remains Apr 6 - 10, with NTI ...