Winter weather will soon be upon us. We always hope for a mild one, but know that Mother Nature often has other plans. Grayson County Schools take the decision to close or...
It’s time to to start planning for the 2020-21 School Year and we’d love to hear from you! Please give us your input into the upcoming School Calendar by taking the very...
Local CTE students Colton Glenn, Jon Legawic, George Priddy and Hannah Saltsman participated in the 5th annual Grayson County Scare on the Square and took 3rd place in the...
The Kentucky Department of Education has released the 2018-19 Assessment and Accountability results, with a new look and emphasis on proficiency, growth and transition...
Grayson County is one of twelve Kentucky school districts that have been labeled "bright spots" in a new report released by The Center for Business and Economic Research...
It's National Manufacturing Week and our students got a behind-the-scenes look at Midway SST, RCP, and Plastikon. They learned about career opportunities available to them...
September 25, 2019 marked our 2nd Annual Technology Center Signing Day. Four Graduates from the 2019 class were recognized for securing a job in their Pathway in which they...
We are the champions . . . again!! Yes, Team GCS made it a repeat in the 2nd annual Corporate Cup against some fierce (but very friendly) competition from Plastikon, ECTC...
Ready for a change? Re-entering the workforce? Veteran? Have you thought about a teaching career, but don't see how to pursue that passion without an education...
This week's Job Shadow Spotlight features local manufacturing company, Leggett & Platt. Sandan Paddack, a Junior at GCHS, works with Engineer Brett Gregory to learn about...
Grayson County Chamber members heard all about the district’s work-based learning program during the August membership luncheon. New Transition Coordinator Brandi Lee...
Industry skills standards define competence for workers in a given industry. For machining, those standards are developed by The National Institute for Metalworking Skills...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
162 Industry Certifications Passed in 2019
Nine Career Pathways, 44 Industry Partners
Coops, Internships and Work-Based Learning