Ready for a change? Re-entering the workforce? Veteran? Have you thought about a teaching career, but don't see how to pursue that passion without an education...
This week's Job Shadow Spotlight features local manufacturing company, Leggett & Platt. Sandan Paddack, a Junior at GCHS, works with Engineer Brett Gregory to learn about...
Grayson County Chamber members heard all about the district’s work-based learning program during the August membership luncheon. New Transition Coordinator Brandi Lee...
Industry skills standards define competence for workers in a given industry. For machining, those standards are developed by The National Institute for Metalworking Skills...
Clay Newton was elected to serve as the 2019-2020 Kentucky FFA Lincoln Trail State Vice President. Clay is the son of Don and Shona Newton of Leitchfield. He is a member...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
162 Industry Certifications Passed in 2019
Nine Career Pathways, 44 Industry Partners
Coops, Internships and Work-Based Learning