Students were recognized Friday morning during Flash Time for Academic Achievement, Growth and Citizenship. Kindergarten - 3rd recognized five students per class. Awards...
It's official! The 2020-21 school year calendar has been approved. Thanks to everyone who participated in the surveys to help select this final version.
Grayson County Youth Volleyball is back for girls in 3rd through 6th grades to learn the game basics needed to play at the middle and high school levels. Signups will be...
Ethan Johnson, a former Caneyville Alum and Caneyville Market President at Sacramento Deposit Bank, came and spoke to our school family about how getting a good...
Flash Five Awards were handed out by Mr. Basham, Friday morning, Nov. 22, during Flash Time in the gym. Caneyville Elementary students demonstrating the Flash 5 qualities...
Flash Five Awards were handed out by Mr. Basham, the last Friday in October during Flash Time in the gym. Caneyville Elementary students demonstrating the Flash 5...
In October, Trevor Ray from Midway Pharmacy came and spoke to the students, faculty and staff here at Caneyville. Mr. Ray, a Caneyville alum, spoke on how working hard...
One survey, three options. Based on previous feedback, the Calendar Committee has three calendars to choose from for the 20-21 school year recommendation. Please make your...
Winter weather will soon be upon us. We always hope for a mild one, but know that Mother Nature often has other plans. Grayson County Schools take the decision to close or...
It’s time to to start planning for the 2020-21 School Year and we’d love to hear from you! Please give us your input into the upcoming School Calendar by taking the very...
In conjunction with this year’s Caneyville Fair and Homecoming Oct.3-5, the Caneyville Community Club partnered with Caneyville Elementary, The Cattleman’s Association...
The Kentucky Department of Education has developed standards family guides to help families familiarize themselves with the content of each grade level’s standards. There...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Caneyville Elementary School, 521 East Maple Street, Caneyville, KY 42721, USA