One survey, three options. Based on previous feedback, the Calendar Committee has three calendars to choose from for the 2021-22 school year recommendation. Make your...
As we all know, everything is different this year. And for us Flash Family that meant no kids dressed in red, white and blue walking our halls; no choir singing songs...
With respect and gratitude to our veterans, today and always – thank you! We're proud to welcome back one of our own on this Veterans Day 2020. GCHS Class of 1980 alum...
It’s already time to to start planning for the 2021-22 School Year. Please share your input into the upcoming School Calendar by taking the very brief survey at...
Here are some do's to make these days safe and fun for everyone. Here are our Do Not's...to make it a great day for all ages.
DRESS-UP DAYS SCHEDULEDFriday, October 23rd (Gold)- Wear Red to show your support for being drug free!! Monday, October 26th (Purple)- Wear Red to show your support for...
Flash Family, let's give a warm welcome to Mrs. Katie Smith, our new KG teacher. Mrs. Katie is a 2008 graduate of Grayson County Schools. She attended Western Kentucky...
We are excited to announce that Mrs. Kristin Pierce will be moving from 3rd Grade to Kindergarten to fill the position left from Mrs. Dennison's retirement. Also we are...
On Monday, Sept. 28 we will say goodbye to Mrs. Kathy Dennison, a longtime Kindergarten teacher here at Caneyville. She will be retiring from teaching and will be...
This day, 19 years ago, is slowly becoming like that dreaded day Pearl Harbor was attacked, a day to remember, but more personal and tangible for some than others. Now,...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Caneyville Elementary School, 521 E Maple St, Caneyville, KY 42721, USA