COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer) for children 12 and older may be available through the Grayson County Health Dept as early as the week of May 12. The Health Dept is seeking...
Caneyville Elementary will be holding SBDM elections this week. Please stop by the school and vote at your convenience from 7:00-3:00 starting Tuesday, April 27th and will...
Grayson County Schools has named Adam Cox as the district’s new Assistant Superintendent. A veteran educator of twelve and a half years, Cox began his career as a...
Grayson County Schools and the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) are seeking parent feedback regarding how our schools are involving parents in the special education...
UPDATED: Incoming preschool and kindergarten parents: please complete our PRE-registration form to begin this year’s new online registration through Infinite Campus. The...
Starting Monday, March 1st, Caneyville “in-person” students in grades Kindergarten and 2nd-5th will attend in-person classes everyday (Monday-Friday). Doors will open at...
Family Resource & Youth Service Centers across Kentucky are celebrating 30 years of service. Hats off to our own tremendous FRYSC directors and staff for the commitment,...
The Caneyville Elementary 2020-2021 yearbook is on sale now. You can order at Josten's Caneyville Elementary Yearbook Shop or by sending in your order to school. ...
Internet access is more important than ever – for school, for home and for work – in our community and across Kentucky. The KY Broadband Initiative is working to find...
The 2021-22 School Year calendar has been approved. Thanks to everyone who took the surveys. You can find a link to it at: https://bit.ly/GCS21-22
WAY TO GO #FlashFamily YOU STEPPED UP YOUR READING GAME AGAIN!!!!! Caneyville Flashes read 157 more books and 228,125 more words and spent an average of +6min in daily...
Next week is SCHOOL PICTURES!!! IN-PERSON students will have their pics taken on the day they come. VIRTUAL students see the pic below. Also Graham Photography will be...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed