Family Resource & Youth Service Centers across Kentucky are celebrating 30 years of service. Hats off to our own tremendous FRYSC directors and staff for the commitment,...
Internet access is more important than ever – for school, for home and for work – in our community and across Kentucky. The KY Broadband Initiative is working to find...
The 2021-22 School Year calendar has been approved. Thanks to everyone who took the surveys. You can find a link to it at: https://bit.ly/GCS21-22
P-EBT cards have been mailed by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) to all GCS students enrolled in August and September of the current school year. Each card...
One survey, three options. Based on previous feedback, the Calendar Committee has three calendars to choose from for the 2021-22 school year recommendation. Make your...
With respect and gratitude to our veterans, today and always – thank you! We're proud to welcome back one of our own on this Veterans Day 2020. GCHS Class of 1980 alum...
It’s already time to to start planning for the 2021-22 School Year. Please share your input into the upcoming School Calendar by taking the very brief survey at...
Updated: Families that need internet access can take advantage of Wi-Fi hotspots in the parking lots of our schools. The best access can be obtained at these...
Due to a variety of technical issues with the elementary level Odysseyware program, the district has made the decision to phase out use of the program and replace it with...
It's back! Join Grayson County Schools for Technology Tuesday Part II, with three sessions at Grayson County Middle School on August 25, at 2:30, 4:00, and 5:30 pm.Dive...
We’re excited to welcome back our students on Monday, Aug. 24, AND kick off the new school year Meals on the Bus routes. We’ve added 21 (yes, 21) new stops. Check them out...
Super Saturdays are the BEST Saturdays – for learning ... and fun! Your child can explore current or new interests with out-of-the-box creativity from 17 classes in art,...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Lead the Way Every Day
Tues, Feb 16, will be an NTI day for in-person students. Have some fun in the snow, stay warm, stay safe!!
Thursday and Friday, Feb 11 - 12 will be NTI days for all in-person students. See more at https://bit.ly/Update021021 ...