Grayson County Schools has named Adam Cox as the district’s new Assistant Superintendent. A veteran educator of twelve and a half years, Cox began his career as a...
Grayson County Schools and the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) are seeking parent feedback regarding how our schools are involving parents in the special education...
GCHS FCCLA took multiple awards and top finishes at the recent virtual Kentucky State Leadership Conference. Technology Center Director Matt Hayes was honored with the...
Headed for the Finals! Congratulations to GCHS sophomore orchestra students Dawson Gorby, cello, and Michell Lynch, violin, selected as Governor’s School for the Arts...
The GCHS Family and Consumer Science program has received a tasty treat that will keep on giving, as participants in the King Arthur Baking Company “Bake for Good...
Congratulations to these GCMS and GCHS musicians on their selection by virtual audition to the Fourth District, All-District Band. From GCMS: Shawni Poole, 1st chair...
Congratulations to GCHS FCCLA! All students who competed in Region 5 placed 1st in their event, advancing to virtual state competition later this month. Baking and...
Family Resource & Youth Service Centers across Kentucky are celebrating 30 years of service. Hats off to our own tremendous FRYSC directors and staff for the commitment,...
Internet access is more important than ever – for school, for home and for work – in our community and across Kentucky. The KY Broadband Initiative is working to find...
The 2021-22 School Year calendar has been approved. Thanks to everyone who took the surveys. You can find a link to it at: https://bit.ly/GCS21-22
The accolades continue for GCHS music programs. All-State Orchestra has been announced with five GCHS musicians earning the honors. Congratulations to Dawson Gorby,...
GCHS FCCLA students had a very successful showing at the Fall National Skill Demonstration virtual conference. All 12 who chose to compete virtually placed in the Top Ten...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
2021 Grads, you are divided by your last name. See below for the date & time of your Graduation Ceremony:
A-F—May 21 @ 7 pm
Jostens will be on campus Wednesday, April 21, for senior graduation delivery. Pickup will take place from 10:30-12:10 outside of ...
Any GCHS student 16 or older can sign up to take the ASVAB Test on Friday, April 30 from 8:30-10:30 in the GCHS Library. There are ...
2021 GRADS!! There will be a formal graduation ceremony!!
Students will graduate alphabetically, with the first ceremony taking ...