GCMS Vision and Mission Statements
VISION: To build successful, productive citizens who have a meaningful impact on their community.
MISSION: Empower students to reach their full potential by achieving academic excellence and embracing our core values.
Our Core Values Are:
GCMS Dress Code
- All students are expected to dress and groom themselves neatly and arrive in clothes that are suitable for school activities.
- No extreme form of personal appearance will be allowed to interfere with the education process. School authorities may limit or prohibit any extreme type of student dress; personal appearance or apparel, which, in the judgment of school officials, is deemed to create a disruption of school discipline and learning or compromise school safety.
- Jewelry is allowed to be worn in ear piercings. Any other piercings may only have a clear spacer that does not protrude above the skin. The spacers can preserve the piercing, but not enlarge the piercing. Hair should be worn so that the face and eyes are visible.
- Students who violate the dress code will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Clear or mesh backpacks are recommended.
Non-acceptable dress/appearance includes:
1. Any clothing that displays a bare stomach or back.
2. Spaghetti straps, cutout sleeves, tank tops, muscle shirts, or fishnet/revealing clothing, suggestive clothing, tops that expose cleavage, sunglasses, gloves, wild-eye contacts.
3. If holes are present above the knee, gym shorts or leggings should be worn underneath. Underwear should never be visible.
4. Skirts, shorts, and dresses that expose skin between the knee and waist.
5. No biker shorts, trench coats, or pajamas. Pants must be worn at the waistline.
6. Clothing that has drug, alcohol, or tobacco advertising or symbols.
7. Clothing with any type of profanity or sexual remarks, scenes/slogans that are suggestive, including but not limited to racial statements and pictures of weapons.
8. Any article of clothing that suggests discrimination in any form, including Confederate images.
9. Wallet or dog chains, leather (dog) collars, any jewelry deemed by the administration that could be used as a weapon i.e. safety pins, studded or spiked bracelets, fishhooks, necklaces, shoes with wheels, etc.
10. Hats may only be worn with a hat pass sticker (No Fishhooks).
11. Clothing, apparel, jewelry, etc. that would promote any activity, gang or group that is not approved by the administration.
12. Extra-curricular uniforms must be approved by the principal
13. Body art (tattoos), if present, should be covered.
14. If a student has piercings besides ear piercings, clear spacers are allowed. Metal or colored plastic rings, studs, etc. are not allowed for such piercings.
The final decision as to the appropriateness of attire will be the discretion of the administration.