ITEMS NOT ALLOWED ON THE SCHOOL BUS
2. Illegal drugs, alcohol, and tobacco
3. Radios not under driver’s control
4. Glass containers and helium-filled balloons.
6. Items that cannot be held in the student’s lap without extending above the seatback
7. Any item that is likely to cause a disturbance
BUS RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
RESPONSIBILITY OF PARENTS
Parents should encourage students to observe all safety and conduct regulations established for the safe and efficient operation of the school bus.
Parents should see that the children are at the stops five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
Parents should report any misconduct on school buses to the principal.
Parents should help supervise large numbers of children at bus stops.
Parents should report all traffic hazards and bus numbers of all buses observed being operated carelessly to the transportation department.
RESPONSIBILITY OF STUDENTS
Listen attentively and obey instructions of school personnel.
Sit in assigned seat with bottom on seat, face forward until your assigned stop.
Maintain appropriate noise level.
Food and Drink are forbidden.
School rules apply on the bus.
Be on assigned bus.
Enter and exit bus and building peacefully.
Be courteous and respectful.
Use polite, peaceful language.
Keep the bus clean and free from damage.
WAITING FOR THE BUS..
1. Be at your bus stop 5 minutes ahead of time.
2. Respect other peoples’ property.
3. Wait in an orderly manner.
4. Do not enter the roadway.
BOARDING THE BUS..
1. Only board the bus you are assigned.
2. Wait for the driver’s hand signal before approaching the bus or crossing the road.
3. Use the handrail when boarding.
4. Go quietly to your assigned seat and sit.
RIDING THE BUS..
1. Obey the driver’s directions.
2. Sit quietly in assigned seat.
3. Do not distract the driver’s attention.
4. Do not stand in the stepwell or landing.
5. Extend nothing out bus windows.
6. Eating and drinking are not permitted.
7. Keep all carry-on items in your lap.
8. Report to the driver any damage to the bus.
9. Do not throw items.
10. Be respectful to the driver and to others.
EXITING THE BUS..
1. Wait in your seat until the bus stops.
2. Do not crowd or push.
3. Use the handrail.
4. Do not jump off the steps.
5. Leave the bus only at your assigned stop.
6. Wait for driver’s signal before crossing road.
THE PRIVILEGE OF RIDING A SCHOOL BUS IS CONDITIONED UPON GOOD BEHAVIOR BY THE PUPIL. ANY PUPIL WHO VIOLATES THE RULES OR REGULATIONS FOR PASSENGERS ON A SCHOOL BUS WILL BE REPORTED TO THE PUPIL’S PRINCIPAL. CONTINUED UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR MAY CAUSE THE PUPIL TO LOSE BUS RIDING PRIVILEGES.
If there are any questions about the penalties for violating school bus regulations contact the school principal. If there are any questions about policies, or routes contact the Transportation Department and speak with Braxton Allen, Director or Mary Johnson, Driver Trainer at (270) 259-4011.