The KY Music Educators Association (KMEA) All-State Chorus has been selected and will include GCHS students Ethan Phillips, Travis Wise, Courtney Higdon, Ella Robinson,...
GCMS musicians were featured prominently in the All-District Orchestra, held at Western Kentucky University. 20 students rehearsed and performed with top orchestra students...
It's official! The 2020-21 school year calendar has been approved. Thanks to everyone who participated in the surveys to help select this final version.
Grayson County Youth Volleyball is back for girls in 3rd through 6th grades to learn the game basics needed to play at the middle and high school levels. Signups will be...
The first-ever All-State Middle School Band will feature GCMS 8th grader Donovan Jaggers. The trombonist will play 4th chair at the Hardin County Performing Arts Center...
The All-District Orchestra will feature more than two dozen GCHS musicians this year. Selected for the honor are (front, l – r): Shahallie Huff, Carley Mann, Katlyn Guyton,...
Participating in a spelling bee can be a nerve-inducing event. But imagine not being able to hear the words you were asked to spell. Wilkey 4th grader Raelynn Sweeris...
Along with the holidays, it’s band audition season and GCHS will be well-represented in a variety of distinguished groups this year. All-District Symphonic Band will...
Grayson County Schools is currently accepting feedback from all stakeholders on the Comprehensive District Improvement Plan for 2020. Comments and/or suggestions may be...
It’s a week-long holiday celebration through music and drama! Check out the schedule and join us for an evening (or several) of Christmas spirit with our talented...
Going national! A statewide presentation on Transition Day success has earned Tracie Johnston a session as one of only 25 presenters at the Council for Exceptional Children...
Lawler Elementary fielded three teams in regional Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP) competition at Western Kentucky University. Two of those teams have advanced...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Grayson County Technology Center, 252 Schoolhouse Road, Leitchfield, KY 42754
Caneyville Elementary School, 521 E Maple St, Caneyville, KY 42721, USA
Clarkson Elementary School, 310 Millerstown St, Clarkson, KY 42726, USA
H. W. Wilkey Elementary School, 130 Wallace Ave, Leitchfield, KY 42754, USA
Vision: Excellence in education, skills for life – every student future-ready
Mission: Start, Solve, Share, Succeed – inspiring and empowering individual excellence in the classroom, in the community and in life