In response to the many challenges and disruptions we are all experiencing due to COVID-19, our team has been hard at work developing an alternative solution to ensure our...
Parents, guardians and families, we need your feedback! Please take this brief, anonymous survey regarding your experience with Non-Traditional Instruction during the...
The Meals on the Bus summer schedule is out and begins Monday, May 18. All route stops remain the same, but there have been some time changes. Please be sure to check for...
The Grayson County Retired Teachers Association has announced this year’s winners of the annual AARP KY Grandparent of the Year Essay Contest. The annual contest...
GCHS HOSA (Healthcare Occupations Students of America) members took top event finishes at State Leadership Competition, held virtually this year. Alexis Back placed 2nd in...
District Technology Integration Specialist Dee Dee Webb has been named as one of only 19 educators from across the country to the PBS Digital Innovator All-Star Class of...
School may be soon be out, but we’ll still keep serving up mobile meals in these next few weeks. The current schedule and routes will remain the same through May 15. We’ll...
Congratulations to Career and Technical Education (CTE) Students of the Month for the last quarter, Carson Decker, Carpentry; Carlie Jenkins and Sophie McCleod,...
Teachers have been kicking their technology game up a notch and several now have Screencastify certifications to prove it! Newly certified Master Screencasters are...
Online registration for Preschool and Kindergarten is now available! Packets are still available as well, for those who need or prefer that option. Check out the important...
Let the celebration begin! GCHS has some BIG plans to honor the Class of 2020. See what's in store in this message from the Administrative Team. And stay tuned for more...
The GCS Transportation Team gave a memorable sendoff to the Class of 2020 with this great visual wish for the very best as this year's seniors head out on a NEW road....
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Vision: Excellence in education, skills for life – every student future-ready
Mission: Start, Solve, Share, Succeed – inspiring and empowering individual excellence in the classroom, in the community and in life