A final and extremely important survey for the 20-21 school year is now open at https://bit.ly/gc-2021. Please complete today! This is your opportunity to tell us your...
GCHS Family and Consumer Science teacher Cody Mooneyhan will be recognized with the 2019-20 Educated Adviser Award at FCCLA's first-ever Virtual National Leadership...
Grayson County Middle School will have scheduled registration by appointment for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders who are new to the county July 16 and 17 from 9 am – 2 pm....
The GCHS Bass Fishing Team will hold signups for the 2020-21 season next week. Times will be Monday, June 15, at 5: 30 pm for students entering7th or 8th grades; 6:30...
Grayson County Schools has released the results of the first in a series of family surveys as the district plans for the 2020-21 school year, currently scheduled to start...
The second in a series of family surveys is now open. The results of these will be a vital part of our planning for the 2020-21 school year. Please share your feedback to...
GCHS incoming senior Gracyn Cook has been selected to serve on the Kentucky FCCLA Executive Council as Vice President of Individual Programs for the 2020-21 school...
In response to the many challenges and disruptions we are all experiencing due to COVID-19, our team has been hard at work developing an alternative solution to ensure our...
Parents, guardians and families, we need your feedback! Please take this brief, anonymous survey regarding your experience with Non-Traditional Instruction during the...
The Meals on the Bus summer schedule is out and begins Monday, May 18. All route stops remain the same, but there have been some time changes. Please be sure to check for...
The Grayson County Retired Teachers Association has announced this year’s winners of the annual AARP KY Grandparent of the Year Essay Contest. The annual contest...
GCHS HOSA (Healthcare Occupations Students of America) members took top event finishes at State Leadership Competition, held virtually this year. Alexis Back placed 2nd in...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Vision: Excellence in education, skills for life – every student future-ready
Mission: Start, Solve, Share, Succeed – inspiring and empowering individual excellence in the classroom, in the community and in life
The KY Dept. of Education has released the Healthy at Schools guidance. This along with feedback will be used to determine our next ...