One survey, three options. Based on previous feedback, the Calendar Committee has three calendars to choose from for the 2021-22 school year recommendation. Make your...
GCHS Family & Consumer Science (FCS) will be cooking up something new thanks to two recently received grants. The KY Beef Council has awarded funding for the program’s beef...
With respect and gratitude to our veterans, today and always – thank you! We're proud to welcome back one of our own on this Veterans Day 2020. GCHS Class of 1980 alum...
It’s already time to to start planning for the 2021-22 School Year. Please share your input into the upcoming School Calendar by taking the very brief survey at...
The Grayson County Technology Center has been awarded a $1,000 grant from the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). The funding will be used to purchase a new 3D printer for...
The real world skills and career training opportunities provided by the Grayson County Technology Center are continually growing. The CMM (machining) Program was recently...
Great things happening in Grayson County Schools! GCHS Asst. Principal Matt Hayes recently visited with Shop Local Leitchfield to talk about an exciting new Career and...
Updated: Families that need internet access can take advantage of Wi-Fi hotspots in the parking lots of our schools. The best access can be obtained at these...
Due to a variety of technical issues with the elementary level Odysseyware program, the district has made the decision to phase out use of the program and replace it with...
It's back! Join Grayson County Schools for Technology Tuesday Part II, with three sessions at Grayson County Middle School on August 25, at 2:30, 4:00, and 5:30 pm.Dive...
We’re excited to welcome back our students on Monday, Aug. 24, AND kick off the new school year Meals on the Bus routes. We’ve added 21 (yes, 21) new stops. Check them out...
Super Saturdays are the BEST Saturdays – for learning ... and fun! Your child can explore current or new interests with out-of-the-box creativity from 17 classes in art,...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Vision: Excellence in education, skills for life – every student future-ready
Mission: Start, Solve, Share, Succeed – inspiring and empowering individual excellence in the classroom, in the community and in life