Is the thought of international travel calling you? Grayson County High School has two exciting opportunities coming up and you can learn all about them during an...
What is 2-1-1? It’s your free, 24/7 one-stop connection to community resources including basic needs services, mental and physical health resources, counseling, employment...
Facing some fierce competition, the Clarkson Elementary Redhawks emerged victorious in District Governor’s Cup, placing first overall. The Quick Recall team of Elizabeth...
T-ball, baseball and softball season will soon be here and it's time to sign up! Leitchfield will hold open registrations at The Centre on Main on Saturday Feb 15 from 10...
Big performance weekend for our music programs at All-State. Congratulations to Orchestra members (l – r with teachers Stacy and Adam French): Payton Abney, Katlyn Guyton,...
Artworks by GCHS student Natalie Conder are headed to National Scholastic Awards competition in New York next month. Conder was awarded two Gold Keys, the highest honor, in...
Grayson County High School’s 23 DECA regional competitors have all qualified for State next month. These included 1st Place finishers Colton Glenn, Business Services;...
Congratulations to all our Spelling Bee winners districtwide! Middle School included: 1st Place, Landon Shiarella; 2nd, Kadie Monin, 3rd Place, Chris Vincent. Landon will...
8th grade parents, mark your calendars! GCHS has a full night of info planned for 8th graders (20-21 freshman class). Get in on the opportunities now for a confident start...
Will you child be 3, 4, or 5 by August 1? Then mark your calendars for our Preschool and Kindergarten Registration Kickoff, March 23. from 9:30 am - 1:30 pm at the Board of...
Congratulations to the Grayson County High School Academic Team for its performance at the KAAC Governor's Cup District competition this past Saturday, January 25. The...
Connecting through competition. Congratulations to these FCCLA members who represented GCHS at Regionals this weekend, coming away with either a 1st or 2nd place finish in...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Caneyville Elementary School, 521 E Maple St, Caneyville, KY 42721, USA
Clarkson Elementary School, 310 Millerstown St, Clarkson, KY 42726, USA
H. W. Wilkey Elementary School, 130 Wallace Ave, Leitchfield, KY 42754, USA
Vision: Excellence in education, skills for life – every student future-ready
Mission: Start, Solve, Share, Succeed – inspiring and empowering individual excellence in the classroom, in the community and in life
School is cancelled today, February 7th. Have a great weekend!