GCHS FCCLA placed its first entries into the Junior Culinary category for the KY State Fair this year, with Gracyn Cook taking 2nd place in floral cake design and...
Grayson County Chamber members heard all about the district’s work-based learning program during the August membership luncheon. New Transition Coordinator Brandi Lee...
GCHS Cougar Volleyball will have a familiar face heading the program as former coach Kelli Hall rejoins the team. Hall left the program 11 years ago to “devote my time to...
The success of GCMS 8th Grade Transition Day has put the school and Curriculum Coordinator Tracie Johnston in the state spotlight. Johnston has been invited to speak at the...
It's hard to believe that summer break is almost over and we're ready to welcome back students and staff! Here's a rundown on some important dates coming up over the next...
Former Grayson County educator Tommy Hodges will return to the district this fall as principal of the Alternative Education Center. Hodges is currently principal of...
Industry skills standards define competence for workers in a given industry. For machining, those standards are developed by The National Institute for Metalworking Skills...
Clay Newton was elected to serve as the 2019-2020 Kentucky FFA Lincoln Trail State Vice President. Clay is the son of Don and Shona Newton of Leitchfield. He is a member...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
Vision: Excellence in education, skills for life – every student future-ready
Mission: Start, Solve, Share, Succeed – inspiring and empowering individual excellence in the classroom, in the community and in life