COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer) for children 12 and older may be available through the Grayson County Health Dept as early as the week of May 12. The Health Dept is seeking...
Great GCS representation at all levels for All-District Band, with 28 total students from GCHS and GCMS performing this past weekend. Symphonic Band : Shaina Portman,...
GCHS juniors, Jenna Lucas and Chase Richardson have been selected to attend the prestigious Kentucky Governor's Scholars Program this summer. In addition, Mikayla Clemons,...
Grayson County Schools has named Adam Cox as the district’s new Assistant Superintendent. A veteran educator of twelve and a half years, Cox began his career as a...
Grayson County Schools and the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) are seeking parent feedback regarding how our schools are involving parents in the special education...
UPDATED: Incoming preschool and kindergarten parents: please complete our PRE-registration form to begin this year’s new online registration through Infinite Campus. The...
Congratulations to GCMS 8th grader Railey Mattingly, winner of the Area 3 Conservation Writing Contest. Her essay had previously won the county contest in order to advance...
Do you have room in your heart (and in your home) for an international exchange student? Then here’s your chance to learn about new cultures while sharing your own with a...
GCHS FCCLA took multiple awards and top finishes at the recent virtual Kentucky State Leadership Conference. Technology Center Director Matt Hayes was honored with the...
Spring ball season will be here soon. Registration is scheduled throughout the county: Caneyville: March 3 and March 10, 5 – 7 pm March 6, 10 am - noon Purple Flash...
The GCHS Family and Consumer Science program has received a tasty treat that will keep on giving, as participants in the King Arthur Baking Company “Bake for Good...
Congratulations to GCHS FCCLA! All students who competed in Region 5 placed 1st in their event, advancing to virtual state competition later this month. Baking and...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
790 Shaw Station Rd, Leitchfield, KY 42754, USA
Vision: Excellence in education, skills for life – every student future-ready
Mission: Start, Solve, Share, Succeed – inspiring and empowering individual excellence in the classroom, in the community and in life